Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is that your dog?

No, this is not in the country I'm living in now. This is back home in Florida no less.

A few guys were over at my apartment the other day and noticed that I had a picture of an alligator tail as my background on my computer (not this picture) they asked if I had taken the picture myself and wanted to see more. Not too long before I left the country, we had a 7ft gator removed from my neighbor's yard and being that is was a boring evening, we decided to watch the lady catch it and get it on film. (Yes a woman captured this prehistoric beast!) Anyway I have several shots of it snapping and going into the "deathroll" and such, and while the guys were looking through them, I figured I would have some fun. So I casually said that it was my dog in the local language. They both immediately looked right at me with the same puzzled look. That was actually what I was intending. But a few days later I figured that I hadn't told them it was my dog. Apparantly I got the words confused and said that was my umbrella. Now I know the difference between the word for dog and for umbrella. I am learning that the way to learn something is to make as many mistakes on it as possible. Now I wonder what other crazy things I have said unbeknownst to me...

2 comments:

CaroDonehew said...

oh man... that's great...

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahaha awesome!! Adam kept getting the words for 25 and 50 confused and he thought he was getting a deal sometimes, when in fact he was getting ripped off :) Now he doesn't mess them up at all :)